A Student Visa is
An endorsement you get in your passport to allow you to travel to any specified Country. It shows you have permission to travel to the specified Country and may be granted a Student Permit when you arrive. The visa may be single for one journey, or multiple for more than one journey.
A Student Permit is
An endorsement in your passport which allows you to study in specified Country. It will state the expiry date of your permit and the conditions of your permit. The conditions may include:
- The course of study
- The educational institution
- The location of the institution in that Country
Check List of the documents required for Visa Processing:
- Current passport with at least 6 month validity.
- Application form (two recent, original passport-sized photos to be attached to form).
- Personal Information Form
- Student Questionnaire.
- Letter of acceptance from the educational institution showing planned start and end date of program and any conditions for acceptance into program
- IELTS test results from within last 24 months with overall band not less than 5.5
- GRE Original Scores.
- Photocopy of the most recent diploma or leaving certificate, and 2008/2009 mark sheets
- Other educational certificates/diplomas/degrees (including mark sheets).
- Copy of payment receipts issued by the educational institution. Pre-payment of first term fees is strongly recommended
- Copy of Educational Loan from an Indian chartered bank equivalent to at least 80% of tuition + living + travel expenses for one academic year (normally first year’s tuition unless already paid, plus $8000)
- Bank Statement Original.
- Photocopies of all properties.
- Salary Certificates.
- Photocopies of all savings.
Visa Application Fee & VFS Service Charge
Before you can book a visa interview appointment online, you must go to a designated branch of the HDFC Bank and pay the Visa Application Fee and VFS Service Charge. When you have paid these fees, make sure you obtain a Visa Fee Receipt.
Fees & the Ways to Pay:
1. Visa Application Fee: Rs. 6,550. At the HDFC Bank, this fee can be paid in cash or by Demand Draft/HDFC check that favors the “U.S. Embassy – Visa Fees”
2. VFS Service Charge: Rs. 374. At the HDFC Bank, this fee can be paid in cash or by Demand Draft/HDFC Bank check that favors the “HDFC Bank a/c VFS”
For Canada: http://www.vfs-canada.co.in/visafees.html
Fee : Study Permits $125 (CAD)
For UK: http://www.vfs-uk-sg.com
Fee : Tier 4 (general) student applicant : £145
For Australia: http://www.vfs-au-in.com
Visa Application Charge $540
Permission to Work $70
Note: If you were granted a Student visa on or after 26 April 2008, you will already have Permission to Work automatically included with your visa.
If you were granted a Student visa before 26 April 2008 and have not yet applied for Permission to Work, you and your dependent family members may only apply for Permission to Work after you have started your course in Australia.
For New Zealand : http://www.visabureau.com/newzealand/default.aspx
Fee : Student Visa $130(USD)
For Singapore : http://www.vfs-uk-sg.com/disclaimer.aspx
Fee : Singapore visa is S$30
For Ireland : http://www.vfs-ireland.co.in/press_release.html
Fee : Single Journey €60
Multiple Journey €100